Whitepapers & Articles
We author whitepapers and articles on content management. Links to the files are available below.
Articles and Interviews
- In this January 2009 interview of Ann Rockley by Stephen E. Arnold, they discuss the importance of Intelligent Content, and why we need a conference dedicated to it.
- January 2009 KM World Article by Ann Rockley and Alan Pelz-Sharpe about a Component approach to content.
- Check out Ann's email interview with Tom Johnson on his I'd Rather be Writing blog. She defines what intelligent content is, how it can be used and what we need to do to write intelligent content.
- In this December 2007 interview, Scott Abel (The Content Wrangler) discusses the difference between design and style, and asks Charles Cooper to help us understand why so much of the content we create is not really useful to end users.
- In this November 2006 podcast, Ann Rockley talks about Web 2.0 trends, content management systems, and DITA.
- Ann Rockley & Steve Manning on XML, DITA Conversions, and Dynamic Personalized Content: An Interview (Part 2), July 2007 Data Conversion Laboratory
- Ann Rockley & Steve Manning on XML, DITA Conversions, and Dynamic Personalized Content: An Interview (Part 1), June 2007 Data Conversion Laboratory
- Read Ann Rockley's July 2004 column in Transform Magazine "Don't Start with Technology"
- Read Ann's guest editorial about Collaborative Content Management in the October issue of the Inside Collaboration Newsletter
- See Ann Rockley's article about managing enterprise content and developing a unified content strategy in AIIM's e-doc magazine.
- Ann Rockley talks about planning for reuse in AIIM's e-doc magazine.
- Dynamic Content Management (intercom Feb. 2001,Society for Technical Communication)
- The Impact of Single Sourcing and Technology (Technical Communication, Vol. 48, No. 2, May 2001,Society for Technical Communication)
New Rockley Group Publication - DITA 101
If you're in the process of implementing DITA, expect to do so in the future, or just want to learn more about it without having to wade through technical specifications, this is the book for you.
For more information, or to download a sample chapter, visit DITA101.com.
Order a printed copy or a PDF version from Lulu.com.
Managing Enterprise Content: A Unified Content Strategy
"This book is destined to become the industry standard for implementing content management"
Judith L. Glick-Smith,
For more information see the book website.
Join the Rockley Community
If you would like to join the Rockley Community, to receive information on content management tools and technologies, content strategies, content standards, best practices, educational opportunities, conferences, online resources and more, please click